MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ideal Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Ideal Show on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Inspired by shows being posted with upwards of ten bands.

Personally, I want a show to be 3-4 bands, have a somewhat varied lineup, be in as small of a venue as possible for the crowd attending, and be over within two hours.

What is everyone's ideal show when it comes to stuff like this?

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/johnhein

2 Re: The Ideal Show on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I think Sunday "matinee" shows at the magic stick lounge would be cool, but not during football season (unless its a bye week for the Lions).

View user profile

3 Re: The Ideal Show on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 pm

I am pretty much on the same page as you John, although I am down with 4-5 bands, and thus a little bit of a longer show. I would add a few things as well.

#1 Food- Whenever there is food it brings more of an intimate, community vibe to a show.
#2- No loud music between bands. It prevents conversation, and really, if you are there to see a bunch of loud bands play live, do you need more loud bands on the system between the loud bands? No, you do not.
#3- The presence of local bands. I think in the last ten years as punk & hardcore have become more professionalized, the 3 and 4 band package tour is becoming the norm. While I know this can be better for the touring bands as it draws more people, I think it hurts the development of local bands and the local scene. I love to see one or two touring bands and a couple locals to round out the bill.

Of course all these things equate to a preference for smaller d.i.y. venues as opposed to bigger spots like the Stick or whatever. While I've seen many great shows at the Stick and those kind of places, there is nothing like a d.i.y. jam.

View user profile http://www.greatreversals.blogspot.com

4 Re: The Ideal Show on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:26 pm

4-5 bands is good. I think varied line ups can be cool but sometimes it doesn't work out when the whole crowd leaves once the band of the line up "varied" goes on. I don't like spaces that are too cramped/sweaty.

View user profile

5 Re: The Ideal Show on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:14 pm

free drugs / free booze / pay-per-view wrestling / 2 bands / exotic meat

View user profile

6 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:57 am

free drugs / free booze / pay-per-view wrestling / a band / exotic meat

View user profile

7 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:40 am

$moneyman$ wrote:I think Sunday "matinee" shows at the magic stick lounge would be cool, but not during football season (unless its a bye week for the Lions).
Scott from Amino Acids used to do this, if anybody remembers Working Stiff Sundays. It lasted for a while but in the end there was not enough attendance to continue.

View user profile http://pretentiousassholes.blogspot.com/

8 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Free booze. That's all I request.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

9 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 pm

WELL GET THE FUCK IN LINE, PAL.

View user profile

10 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm

No more than 4 bands. first two bands only get 10 minute sets. show lasts 2 hours tops. crowd is entirely made up of sexy beautiful women.

View user profile http://facebook.com/nickkucway

11 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Twenty minute sets or less, unless you're Boris incarnate or something.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/davisjoshuaj

12 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:54 pm

2-3 bands, 15 minute sets, walking distance from home.

Who has an entire night to waste with a bunch of weirdos at some shithole venue?

View user profile http://www.deerhealer.com

13 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Hello? FUCKEN FREE MD 20/20 COMIN MY WAY.

View user profile

14 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:37 pm

My ideal show:
Two hours of actual music (i.e. 3 bands with 40 minute sets, 4 bands with 30 minute sets, 6-8 bands with 15-minute sets, etc.), and unless it's a house party or something, no more than 5 hours total time, from doors till GTFO time. 8 pm-1 am or 9 pm- 2 am is enough for anyone. Of course, exceptions being fests and house parties.

View user profile http://criminalbehaviormi.blogspot.com

15 Re: The Ideal Show on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:08 pm

johnhein wrote:Inspired by shows being posted with upwards of ten bands.

Personally, I want a show to be 3-4 bands, have a somewhat varied lineup, be in as small of a venue as possible for the crowd attending, and be over within two hours.

What is everyone's ideal show when it comes to stuff like this?

I don't think I ever saw a show like this at the frat. It was almost always, 2-3 touring bands, 2-3 locals booked, and it seemed like at least one(all our friends are here let's play!)

Not assuming those were your ideal shows either.

View user profile

16 Re: The Ideal Show on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:14 pm

if ive gotta piss/shit, 3 bands.(im not big on using venue facilities unless its a VFW or something like that, and even than im leery.....)

if im good, 5-6 bands.

a couple of hours of talking to band members after the show and perhaps party back at my house.

View user profile http://mindintrusion.blogspot.com/

17 Re: The Ideal Show on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Zac Folk wrote:
johnhein wrote:Inspired by shows being posted with upwards of ten bands.

Personally, I want a show to be 3-4 bands, have a somewhat varied lineup, be in as small of a venue as possible for the crowd attending, and be over within two hours.

What is everyone's ideal show when it comes to stuff like this?

I don't think I ever saw a show like this at the frat. It was almost always, 2-3 touring bands, 2-3 locals booked, and it seemed like at least one(all our friends are here let's play!)

Not assuming those were your ideal shows either.

Ideally, I wouldn't have had to listen to half the bands I booked. But, a lot of those were in packages that I couldn't avoid, as it seems the 3-4 bands package is getting more popular. This past year I didn't book a single show with more than 5 bands. And the "hey we're all here" thing has only happened at one show I've done. As far as if it was ideal: I think the venue space was a perfect size, but too warm, and shows went a little long but people ended up hanging out after anyways. Finally, having more varied shows is something I prefer, but very few others do. I've tried it before and there are usually 50 hardcore exclusive jocks standing outside for the best band on the show.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/johnhein

18 Re: The Ideal Show on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 pm

I feel doing 4 to 5 bands is perfect. Anymore than that is way too much. People always seem to get too tired or annoyed and leave early when the shows exceed past 5. Small area/basement shows are great, bring the best atmosphere. Only thing is, when its in a small area it seems to get hot and wet. Making the floor slippery. So all I'd ask is for the floor to not be tile.

View user profile

19 Re: The Ideal Show on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:01 am

johnhein wrote:
Zac Folk wrote:
johnhein wrote:Inspired by shows being posted with upwards of ten bands.

Personally, I want a show to be 3-4 bands, have a somewhat varied lineup, be in as small of a venue as possible for the crowd attending, and be over within two hours.

What is everyone's ideal show when it comes to stuff like this?

I don't think I ever saw a show like this at the frat. It was almost always, 2-3 touring bands, 2-3 locals booked, and it seemed like at least one(all our friends are here let's play!)

Not assuming those were your ideal shows either.

Ideally, I wouldn't have had to listen to half the bands I booked. But, a lot of those were in packages that I couldn't avoid, as it seems the 3-4 bands package is getting more popular. This past year I didn't book a single show with more than 5 bands. And the "hey we're all here" thing has only happened at one show I've done. As far as if it was ideal: I think the venue space was a perfect size, but too warm, and shows went a little long but people ended up hanging out after anyways. Finally, having more varied shows is something I prefer, but very few others do. I've tried it before and there are usually 50 hardcore exclusive jocks standing outside for the best band on the show.

List all 50 hardcore exclusive jocks. I hope I'm on the list...

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

20 Re: The Ideal Show on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:19 am

Timmy Mac wrote:
johnhein wrote:
Zac Folk wrote:
johnhein wrote:Inspired by shows being posted with upwards of ten bands.

Personally, I want a show to be 3-4 bands, have a somewhat varied lineup, be in as small of a venue as possible for the crowd attending, and be over within two hours.

What is everyone's ideal show when it comes to stuff like this?

I don't think I ever saw a show like this at the frat. It was almost always, 2-3 touring bands, 2-3 locals booked, and it seemed like at least one(all our friends are here let's play!)

Not assuming those were your ideal shows either.

Ideally, I wouldn't have had to listen to half the bands I booked. But, a lot of those were in packages that I couldn't avoid, as it seems the 3-4 bands package is getting more popular. This past year I didn't book a single show with more than 5 bands. And the "hey we're all here" thing has only happened at one show I've done. As far as if it was ideal: I think the venue space was a perfect size, but too warm, and shows went a little long but people ended up hanging out after anyways. Finally, having more varied shows is something I prefer, but very few others do. I've tried it before and there are usually 50 hardcore exclusive jocks standing outside for the best band on the show.

List all 50 hardcore exclusive jocks. I hope I'm on the list...
James Walton x50

View user profile

21 Re: The Ideal Show on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Zac Folk wrote:
Timmy Mac wrote:
johnhein wrote:
Zac Folk wrote:
johnhein wrote:Inspired by shows being posted with upwards of ten bands.

Personally, I want a show to be 3-4 bands, have a somewhat varied lineup, be in as small of a venue as possible for the crowd attending, and be over within two hours.

What is everyone's ideal show when it comes to stuff like this?

I don't think I ever saw a show like this at the frat. It was almost always, 2-3 touring bands, 2-3 locals booked, and it seemed like at least one(all our friends are here let's play!)

Not assuming those were your ideal shows either.

Ideally, I wouldn't have had to listen to half the bands I booked. But, a lot of those were in packages that I couldn't avoid, as it seems the 3-4 bands package is getting more popular. This past year I didn't book a single show with more than 5 bands. And the "hey we're all here" thing has only happened at one show I've done. As far as if it was ideal: I think the venue space was a perfect size, but too warm, and shows went a little long but people ended up hanging out after anyways. Finally, having more varied shows is something I prefer, but very few others do. I've tried it before and there are usually 50 hardcore exclusive jocks standing outside for the best band on the show.

List all 50 hardcore exclusive jocks. I hope I'm on the list...
James Walton x50

hey james walton has his sensitive side.

View user profile

22 Re: The Ideal Show on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Dean Perish wrote:
Zac Folk wrote:
Timmy Mac wrote:
johnhein wrote:
Zac Folk wrote:
johnhein wrote:Inspired by shows being posted with upwards of ten bands.

Personally, I want a show to be 3-4 bands, have a somewhat varied lineup, be in as small of a venue as possible for the crowd attending, and be over within two hours.

What is everyone's ideal show when it comes to stuff like this?

I don't think I ever saw a show like this at the frat. It was almost always, 2-3 touring bands, 2-3 locals booked, and it seemed like at least one(all our friends are here let's play!)

Not assuming those were your ideal shows either.

Ideally, I wouldn't have had to listen to half the bands I booked. But, a lot of those were in packages that I couldn't avoid, as it seems the 3-4 bands package is getting more popular. This past year I didn't book a single show with more than 5 bands. And the "hey we're all here" thing has only happened at one show I've done. As far as if it was ideal: I think the venue space was a perfect size, but too warm, and shows went a little long but people ended up hanging out after anyways. Finally, having more varied shows is something I prefer, but very few others do. I've tried it before and there are usually 50 hardcore exclusive jocks standing outside for the best band on the show.

List all 50 hardcore exclusive jocks. I hope I'm on the list...
James Walton x50

hey james walton has his sensitive side.

Okay

View user profile

23 Re: The Ideal Show on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:02 pm

2 bands, three if there is one without drums, unless bands share equipment then we could even do 4. Bands show up and load in 7-7:30. Sound check from 7:30-8. Doors at 8. Music at 9-11. BYOB and smoking indoors. Throw cans at the bands. At the Ice Pick in Muskegon too. 5 bucks.

View user profile

24 Re: The Ideal Show on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:43 am

cheap nfl jerseys You can have a try of
discount coach bags They are very fashionable
coach bags outlet Nice and beautiful
coach handbags outlet get on the wait in line
coach outlet online Go to your wedding salon as well as
coach outlet store online on such an important time in their lives
replica designer handbags those who used condoms
coach outlet store online It’s very pleasant to shop
wholesale coach handbags and you may like
cheap authentic jerseys has always been a favorite shoes by all
nfl jerseys suppliers for yourself

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum